To be honest, these posts are mostly just a running list of Philippa's verbal progress, because I love words and it fascinates me to see what will come out of her little brain and mouth next.
So without further ado, a Pippa update. A Pipdate, if you will.
Funny little toddler idiosyncrasies:
- I would like to note an encouraging milestone. Instead of slapping me right in the face when I ask for a besito, she actually give me a besito with sound effects and everything!
- She hugs Pablo while watching herself in our full-length mirror, and coos, "Ohhhh babyyyy."
- Pippa finds the remote now and brings it over to me asking for "George?" (Curious George)
- Has full length gibberish conversations with anyone and everyone. Herself included.
- The other day she gave Pablo a "kiss" by licking his nose. I mean, I guess that's how dogs give kisses...
- Still won't stop saying "Hi!" to all the people. Everyone at the store is like, "Awww is that her first word?" Nope...but she sure knows how to get a reaction from her adoring public!
- Loves her Veggie Tales CD in the car. She will request it by repeating, "Bob? Bob? Bob?" until I cave. Or if she thinks I'm not getting the hint, she's start "singing" in a panicky voice, "Never ever ever? Never ever ever?" (You know...the theme song: There's never ever ever been a show like Veggie Tales.)
- When I try to sing to her, like the loving and devoted mother that I am, she abruptly interrupts me with a shriek. I mean, I know I'm not a great singer, but RUDE.
- Every carb is a queque (panqueque or pancake). Bread, bagels, muffins - they are all queques.
- We're working on teaching her about her Savior. Except now whenever she sees a picture of a bearded man she shouts, "JESUS!" It's awesome - but also can feel a bit...sacrilegious and out of context?
- She got her first black eye! She was such a tough little warrior. I have a feeling there will be a lot more of these injuries with our active and curious little girl:
- We visited an apple orchard and Philippa was in LOVE.
And now, the words:
She just keeps getting more delightful with each passing day. I can't wait to celebrate the holidays with her, now that she will actually understand what's going on.
Also, could someone please stop the passage of time so I can enjoy this age a little bit longer?